Monday, April 12, 2010

Four score and one year ago

Well first I would like to take a minute and say hello to the blogging world! This is all quite new for me, so here we go!

On March 27, 2009, my precious second daughter was born via emergency c-section. There were many complications, I am sure to tell you them all in time. The first of many was not only her severe prematurity but her weight. She was 13 ounces at birth, which is not normal for a child born at 26 weeks 4 days gestation. I was made aware of her dangerously small size a few weeks before her birth but was unaware of why it was happening. Soon after her birth my husband and I were given the news that our daughter had a congenital disease neither of us had ever heard of, Cytomegalovirus, CMV for short. This virus is actually why I have started this blog. I need a way to release and hopefully give others hope, when there seems to be none.

I will say good-bye for tonight, as I am drained from my recent strep throat. More is sure to come, for as always my life is NEVER boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment