Wednesday, April 28, 2010

There is always a rainbow after the storm passes

I have been feeling nostalgic today. This time one year ago I was anxiously waiting to visit Addison in the hospital, with the possibility of holding her for the first time. As I look back at those pictures I can't help but cry. We have all been through so much and come so far! 


Addison had just battled one of the worst infections she had while in the hospital. She was on the bubble c-pap and had just finished getting a blood and platelet transfusion. She was eating 6ccs of breastmilk every three hours(which wasn't full feeds for her). She weighed 1 pound 9 ounces and was starting to really show her feisty side. 


I want to share with all of you my journal entry from the day after my birthday: "Alot has happened in these short 24 hours. You have another infection baby girl, but mommy knows you will pull through! They had to stop your feeds again to prevent any further infection, but don't you worry you will be eating again in no time, because unlike last time you are fighting this one off quickly! As I look at you I am AMAZED! You are so strong! God has put you on this earth to do special things little girl and I know that even when mommy isn't here with you, God is holding you close to his heart.(Wet spots on page from my tears) My life would not be complete without you in it. Both you and your big sister remind me of what endless possibilities lye ahead for all of us! I can't wait to hold you in my arms without all these tubes and to watch your sister teach you how to play dolls and wrap your daddy around your finger! Love you baby girl!"


It's amazing to me that all the things I wrote have come true. Addison has continued to show how strong she is and overcome obstacle after obstacle. Chloe had taught her how to both play dolls and wrap her daddy and I have held my daughter with no tubes and wires! God is good!

Thank you for once again giving me the best present ever! Thank you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment